Why are you learning Chinese?

Learn Chinese Online Forums General Discussion Why are you learning Chinese?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam (Admin)
    Keymaster

I’m curious why you are learning Chinese?

For me, it’s because I live in Taiwan. So obviously being able to speak Chinese greatly improves the quality of my life here – being able to chat with locals and get things done on my own, without needing help from an interpreter.

As my kids are half Taiwanese and now starting school, it helps that I can see what they are learning and communicate with their teachers directly.

My in-laws don’t speak any English, so being able to speak Chinese has allowed me to get to know them better (and vice versa).

I’d love to hear from you, and what you hope to gain from being able to speak Chinese.

Hi Adam. For me, learning Chinese is a hobby. I am a retired high school art teacher. I always wanted to learn a second language and in the past I have tried German, Indonesian and Japanese, but I never had time to really commit myself. So now I do have the time, well more than before, and I simply enjoy the satisfaction of making steady progress, and I look forward to being able to chat easily with my Chinese friends.

Adam (Admin)
    Keymaster

Thanks – I’m sure your Chinese friends appreciate your efforts in trying to learn their language!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.